This Colonial Revival style building, built in 1939 as a WPA project, was originally the student union at Eastern Kentucky State Teachers College. It is named in honor of Keen Johnson (1896-1970), former governor of Kentucky and regent of Eastern. It is now used as the university's faculty club and as a facility for receptions, banquets, and conferences. The slate roof with double exterior end chimneys is surmounted by an octagonal balustrade cupola with clock, the most notable landmark on the "campus beautiful".
The Faculty Lounge, located to the left of the Lobby in the Keen Johnson Building, is the home of the Teaching & Learning Center and the Office of Regional Stewardship.
- The room seats 32 at eight square tables and an additional 10 in comfortable, perimeter seating.
- Screen and projector are available for presentations upon request.
- Use of the Faculty Lounge is only for faculty and staff members. Student groups are not permitted to use the room.
- Please email or call Erin McCord at 622-8018 for reservations.
The Alumni Room is no longer available to reserve for meetings. We apologize for any inconvenience.